Reddit's impact on app downloads takes flight. How can marketers capitalize on the opportunity?
Published: May 25, 2023
The advancement in digital technologies enables people to live in a unique world where they can look beyond their own neighbourhoods and find social media and online communities to participate in various interesting talks.
And, by the day, these have become the prominent spaces where most of the discussions take place for audiences.
Especially the online community forums.
Among many in the market, Reddit always has a huge fan base.
Reddit provides ample convenience to people in terms of diving into their preferred topic to share information, get an opinion, or gain value in general. As it has millions of daily users, it has become the ideal place for brands and marketers to better understand the market and their audience’s preferences and needs.
To amp it up, Reddit has been constantly introducing new features to its platform to enhance the user experience and pull in more marketers to spend media dollars on it.
Recently, Reddit has released some new information about the utility of its platform as a product research tool. According to Reddit, it is the most trusted source for app-related information. This could be critical information for app developers seeking to market their apps and gain new users.
Aside from the significance of Reddit as an avenue for app research, the company provided some more general observations on how people use the platform for product research.
Basically, Reddit is well-known for its subreddits, which bring together users with similar interests to discuss a variety of topics, including apps. Thus, the subreddits on apps can provide useful information for brands about what people are looking for in an app.
Some of the insights provided in Reddit’s full infographic are below:
- 7 in 10 US,UK, CA, and AU Redditors do their research on Reddit before installing a new app.
- 72% of Redditors agree that "Reddit helped me find the best app."
- 80% of Redditors agree that Reddit helps me make more informed and faster installation decisions.
What do Reddit’s new insights signal for app developers and marketers?
Without a doubt, having complete control over a brand's digital presence is critical for any brand to thrive in today's competitive market.
The digital presence includes control over all online interactions involving the brand, not just the websites. Whether on social media, discussion forums, or review sites.
In that context, Reddit is a prominent platform that no brand should ignore. It can provide them with a wealth of information about their target audience's preferences and interests.
With the insights provided by Reddit, it is clear how influential the platform is and will be, particularly for app developers.
Regardless of whether app developers have previously used the platform or not, now is the time to delve deeper into it and get more people talking positive things about their apps.
Here are a few ways app developers and marketers can use Reddit:
- Conducting thorough research will provide them with a detailed view of what people are saying about their apps, what their expectations are or what their likes and dislikes are, where they think the app needs improvement, and even provide ideas for creating new apps, feature prioritisation, and so on.
- App developers and marketers will be able to spot emerging trends in user behaviour and preferences by constantly monitoring discussions. Which, in turn, can assist them in aligning their app development and marketing strategies in order to capitalise on these trends.
- As users discuss and compare various apps in a particular niche, developers can easily understand the strengths, weaknesses, and user perceptions of their competitors. Thus, by identifying those gaps, developers will be able to make tweaks to their apps so as to gain a competitive advantage.
- By actively participating in relevant subreddits, they can build credibility and drive interest in their apps. Alongside, it will give them a huge opportunity to engage with high-value audiences.
Simply put, if Reddit is yet to be explored, now is the time, especially for app developers. Postponing it to sometime later means nothing less than leaving your potential audiences to your competitors.
Get Marketing bites delivered to your inbox. Every Friday.
Be the first one to comment.