Metaverse: a potential path to transform the future of the customer experience?
Published: May 09, 2023
According to Gartner, 25% of people will spend at least one hour per day in the Metaverse by 2026.
When new discoveries and adventures—Metaverse, AI, or any others—enter the business landscape, it is more than an opportunity to reinvent the wheel for business planners and marketers.
Needless to mention, when Facebook changed its parent company’s name to Meta and announced its plans for the Metaverse, all the tech companies ramped up to create their own versions of a virtual world. And audiences were not an exception. But, honestly, who wouldn’t feel interested in meeting new people, exploring and purchasing new products, watching movies, or attending events from the comfort of their home in this digital world?
The Metaverse makes it possible to build real relationships through online avatars, and it is not something people would easily ignore.
Although it is undeniable that the hype and virality of generative AI tools have slightly blurred attention towards the Metaverse for both audiences and businesses, brands are still in the game. Recently, the iconic fashion brand, Clarks, made a comeback in the Metaverse with a virtual concert.
Among all the trials and tribulations of organizations with new technology like the Metaverse, one thing that matters the most for businesses is the customer experience.
With technological advancements occurring on the one hand and the increasing acceptance of e-commerce and social media as driving communicators between brands and customers on the other, the customer service sector has evolved drastically in recent years.
At this point in time, how the Metaverse will impact customer service remains a big question!
How can brands improve customer experiences with the Metaverse?
When customers and reputation are priorities, then exploring new technological innovations like the Metaverse and focusing on providing a good customer experience are a must for any business and marketer.
Taking decisions based on what is important for business is no longer an option. In this digital arena, everything is consumer-focused, and every decision is taken based on convenience.
Good or bad, a single comment from the customer has huge impacts on the purchase decisions of target audiences.
But how will brands meet consumer service expectations in the Metaverse? Or, to put it another way, will embracing the Metaverse help a brand smooth the path to providing a meaningful customer experience?
We believe YES. Metaverse can be a promising tool for brands to positively impact their customer experience.
- With the Metaverse, brands can enhance their omnichannel support. That is, audiences will get various communication points to interact with the brands. As it is more of a face-to-face interaction in the Metaverse, it will be cosier for audiences. This way, brands can significantly improve their customer experiences.
- In this privacy-centric world, data security has become a vital point of consideration for audiences looking to connect with any brand. Given that, by using advanced encryption techniques and security measures, brands can provide a safe environment for customers in the Metaverse and thus gain audience love.
- Metaverse can also help customer service teams collaborate more effectively. Professionals in a virtual environment may communicate with each other in real-time to fix customer issues and share best practises so as to solve them quickly and thereby contribute to providing a good customer experience.
- With the Metaverse, brands can improve personalization. That is, post complaint resolution, brands can create virtual product demonstrations and enable customers to see how their products will look in their own environments. This way, Metaverse can speed up the time taken for purchase decisions while providing a tailored experience to customers.
- With more detailed data comes more targeted marketing. As Metaverse can provide more data to marketers on their audiences’ behaviours and preferences, marketers can better understand their audiences. This way, the Metaverse will enable precise targeting, leaving no room for audiences to encounter promotions for products they are not interested in.
Overall, we strongly believe the Metaverse has enormous potential to help brands transform the future of the customer experience. The above-mentioned are just a few, and many opportunities are yet to be explored to leverage the Metaverse to their advantage.
Get Marketing bites delivered to your inbox. Every Friday.
Be the first one to comment.